Kruger National Park Safari
Johannesburg to Johannesburg
SCHEDULED GUIDED TOUR
TRAVEL WITH A PURPOSE
Enjoy an authentic safari experience at the world-renowned Kruger National Park; track the ‘Big 5’ during game drives in open safari vehicles; delight in local cuisine and contribute towards the preservation of nature and its local community.
Bilingual – English and German
|Departure days||Saturdays – English and German
Daily – Bilingual
|Departure locations||Rosebank hotels ± 05h30
Sandton hotels ± 06h00
Collection time will be confirmed with the guest, the day before departure
|Group size||30 guests per vehicle|
Additional Touring Options
Private tour: Itinerary available on a private basis departing on selected days • On request and subject to availability (not available on Freesale) • Public attractions will not be private • Other language tour guides available on request.
|Accommodation||3-star tented safari camp|
|Meals||Breakfast and dinner per night stay|
||Kruger National Park conservation fee, community levy|
|Excursions||Two game drives per night stay|
English Departure Dates
3 day option departure dates
German Departure Dates
3 day option departure dates
|7, 21||5||23||6, 20||6, 20||10, 24||8||12||10||7, 21||11, 25||9, 23|
Bilingual Departure Dates
Flexible stay option departure dates – Daily departures, except on the below dates:
|7, 14, 21||5, 12||23, 30||6, 13, 20||6, 13, 20||10, 17, 24||8, 15||12, 26||10, 24||7, 14, 21||11, 18, 25||9, 16, 23|
- Overnight in the Kruger National Park
- ‘Big 5’ open safari vehicle game viewing
- Contribute towards the preservation of nature and its local community
JOHANNESBURG to KRUGER NATIONAL PARK (±450km)
Guests to arrange breakfast packs with the hotel (own arrangements and for own account) before they are collected from the hotel and head to the Kruger National Park. The tour will stop along the way at padstals/farms stalls where guests can sample the local produce, crafts and delicatessen (own account).
Arrive at the camp in the afternoon. Nkambeni Safari Camp comprises of 150 en-suite timber and canvas tents on a raised wooden platform, looking out onto the concession, which is situated within the Kruger National Park. The camp is involved with the local community and contributes to their development and upliftment.
Guests can freshen up on arrival, and spend time at leisure before embarking on an afternoon game drive in an open safari vehicle in the Kruger National Park and enjoying sundowners in the bush along the way. The Kruger National Park forms part of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park.
At 20 000 km² the park is roughly the size of the Netherlands. Guests return to the camp. Enjoy dinner before retiring for the night.
Nkambeni Safari Camp or similar – Dinner and breakfast and 2 game viewing activities.
Day 2 | Tuesday / Saturday
KRUGER NATIONAL PARK to JOHANNESBURG (±400km)
Guests enjoy early morning game viewing from an open safari vehicle, before returning to the camp for breakfast. The tour departs, after breakfast, for Johannesburg. Enjoy lunch (own account) en route. The tour concludes, on arrival, at O.R. Tambo International Airport or a Johannesburg city hotel.
Protea Hotel by Marriott Kruger Gate or similar – Dinner and breakfast.
- Tours of longer duration are available. For longer tours, the first and last days are identical to Day 1 and Day 2
- Additional days added to the itinerary will be spent game viewing and the accommodation will be on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis including 2 game viewing activities per full day
- We recommend a minimum of a 2 night safari
- It is recommended that clients do not book any flights departing before 18h00 on the return day, as travel times and stops may vary depending on the interests of fellow guests. TDM cannot be held responsible for any delays as a result of circumstances beyond our control.
RECOMMENDED PRE HOTEL
Protea Hotel by Marriott Balalaika
Location: Sandton, Johannesburg
- A bit of country in the heart of Sandton
- Complimentary uncapped Wi-Fi
- Bull Run Restaurant famed for its aged South African beef
- Complimentary shuttle service to Sandton City and Gautrain
RECOMMENDED PRE TOUR
Gauteng Highlights (PVT TITG)
- Full day tour
- Enjoy the sights of Pretoria from the Union Buildings
- Discover all the sights and tastes that Johannesburg and surrounds have to offer, in a day
RECOMMENDED POST-TOUR HOTEL
aha Harbour Bridge Hotel & Suites
Location: V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
- Easy access to the V&A Waterfront
- Walking distance from the Cape Town International Convention Centre
- Artscape Theatre for opera, ballet, and drama nearby
RECOMMENDED POST TOUR
Port Elizabeth to Cape Town Garden Route
- 3 days